The Chair’s awards are presented to those members of the Liberal Judaism community who have served the movement at either a national or local level. This is a chance to recognise those within our communities who are doing wonderful work to support the values and principles of our movement.
A specially selected panel, with the support of Liberal Judaism’s Chair Simon Benscher, will select the nominees who will be presented with this award.
Submissions for the 2018 Chairs Awards are now open.
Nominations close on Monday 30 April 2018.
Awards will be presented at the Biennial Weekend (29 June – 1 July 2018).
The nominee should
1. have served the congregation/movement;
a) not necessarily as a national officer but having been one does not prevent being considered;
b) on more than one occasion;
c) at a national, regional or local level;
d) over a number of years;
e) with merit
2. have wide recognition in the congregation/movement;
3. be regarded with respect, affection and admiration in the congregation/movement;
4. and have done nothing, publicly, that may cause reputational risk to the congregation/movement.
The following may not be nominated for a Chair’s Award:
1. Vice Presidents
2. Recipients of previous Chair’s Awards