12 Februrary 2020
Liberal Judaism is delighted to announce the keynote speakers for our movement’s flagship event of 2020 – the Biennial Weekend.
Titled Liberal Judaism’s Collaboratory, the weekend will focus on the collaborations that make Liberal Judaism and its partners stronger together, and our keynote speakers are all perfectly placed to speak to that theme.
On Saturday we will hear from our departing senior rabbi and chief executive, Rabbi Danny Rich. As you’ll read elsewhere in this issue of lj today, Danny has shaped the movement and its partnerships for a great many years. Danny’s session will be followed, in the early evening, with a celebration of his time at Liberal Judaism.
On Sunday we will be hosting Matthew Gould CMG MBE and Lord (Danny) Finkelstein in conversation. Great friends and committed Liberal Jews, their expertise on partnerships in a number of different disciplines – including political, technological and diplomatic – promises to be a highlight of the weekend.
Matthew (pictured) is the CEO of NHSX, a new body set up to ensure that NHS staff and patients have the technology they need. He was formerly the UK Ambassador to Israel, where he set up the UK-Israel Tech Hub, and has created partnerships all over the world. Lord Finkelstein is an award-winning journalist and political commentator.
Liberal Judaism’s director of strategy and partnerships, Rabbi Charley Baginsky, said: “It’s so exciting to have a number of high-profile names from our own communities – with such a diverse range of experiences – speaking at the Biennial this year. The partnerships that our keynote speakers have forged over the years, both within Liberal Judaism and outside our walls, are a continuing inspiration to us all.”
Other highlights of the Biennial Weekend 2020 will include:
- Exploring our new groundbreaking Lily’s Legacy Project exhibition – where you’ll see, hear and read about the history, heritage and vision of Liberal Judaism as told by Liberal Jews of all backgrounds and generations.
- Singing and dancing on Saturday night with Klezmer Klub, one of the UK’s most popular Klezmer bands.
- A taste of Liberal Judaism’s new siddur with services throughout the weekend from the draft liturgy.
- A full parallel youth programme run by LJY-Netzer and a fully-staffed crèche.
- Praying, laughing, learning and, of course, eating with your fellow Liberal Jews from all over the country!
You can get more details and buy tickets at www.liberaljudaism.org/biennial
Share this Post