Liberal Judaism and Reform Judaism are delighted to invite you to join us for an evening of commemoration and celebration of Israel’s 73rd Independence Day, featuring an incredible range of speakers and a chance to sing together.
Part one of our Yom HaAtzmaut event will take place on Wednesday 14 April from 7-8pm. It will include:
- A conversation with Rabbi Michael Boyden, who lost his son in Lebanon in 1993, as we transition from Yom HaZikaron.
- A chat with Rabbi Gilad Kariv – the first Reform Rabbi to serve as a Member of Israel’s Knesset.
- Cocktail making with the first and only whiskey distillery in Israel – Milk & Honey (for this you will need whisky, lemon, sugar water/maple syrup and fresh thyme).
- Rabbi Esteban Gottfried from Beit Tfila Israeli who will talk about Israel and music.
- Israeli poetry with Dr Moshe Lavee.
- More friends from the Israel Movement for Reform & Progressive Judaism (IMPJ), as we celebrate Yom HaAtzmaut together.
This will be immediately followed, at 8pm, by part two of our Yom HaAtzmaut event – where you can join us on Zoom for a special hour-long song session with great musicians from our communities. To receive the Zoom link, please email Tanya on email@example.com.
Finally Progressive Jews from around the world are invited to join the Arzenu celebrations which run from 15-17 April. Organised by Arzenu, ARZA US and the IMPJ, it promises to be a weekend of discussion, music, Torah, thought and fun. Click here for further details and to register.
Share this Post