- Expectations and what we hope to build this weekend
- How do we create synagogues with cultures of participation, knowing each other, stepping up to take on leadership roles, and meaning?
- What is organising, and what does organising do to build this?
- Athenian - Melian dialogue & What are our attitudes to winning our goals and power?
14:00 Power Part II
- Running away from and running to power (Pesachim 39b)
- Jewish views on the world as it is/should be
- What is power and who is it so important?
- Understanding the practical dynamics in your congregation
15:45 Self Interest AKA Getting your community to act by building on what they care about - not what you think they should care about
- Why do people come to event X but not event Y
- How to understand your own self interest and that of your community
- Text study: Genesis 19
09:00 Recap & reactions
09:30 Individual conversations
AKA how to actually get to know your community, discover talent, and build leadership 10:30 Tea Break
10:45 Cycle of Action
- How can communities plan effective campaigns or projects
- How can I not rely on the same people for everything?
- How do we move our communities from activity to action?
- How do we not let committees drain our energy?
- How can we build new members' involvement in our community?
13:30 How to identify leaders and build teams
- What is leadership?
- How do we develop leadership>
15:00 Tea Break
15:15 Where to from here?
- How are the movements and communities able to act on this, and what support is there?
- How do I use what I've learnt this weekend?