30 October 2017
Liberal Judaism’s rabbis, leaders and members will take part in a number of events this week to mark the centenary of the Balfour Declaration, including:
1) Monday 30 October – Liberal Judaism representatives will attend a Reception to Celebrate the Centenary of the Balfour Declaration, hosted by the Board of Deputies at the Speaker’s Apartments in the Houses of Parliament.
2) Tuesday 31 October – Liberal Judaism will participate in Identity: Being British and Jewish a Hundred Years after Balfour – an event being organised by Arzenu UK (formerly Pro-Zion) and the Alliance for Progressive Judaism’s Israel Desk. The evening will be hosted by Lord (Danny) Finkelstein of The Times with Matthew Gould, former British Ambassador to the State of Israel.
3) Tuesday 31 October – Rabbi Danny Rich, Liberal Judaism’s senior rabbi, will speak at the Britain’s Broken Promise: Time for a New Approach Conference at Methodist Central Hall, Westminster.
4) Thursday 2 November – Rabbi Danny Rich will also dine at the Balfour Centenary Dinner at Lancaster House, as a guest of the current Lords Balfour and Rothschild. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May will attend the dinner.
5) Saturday 4 November – Rabbi Danny Rich and Liberal Judaism chair Simon Benscher will be present at the closing Commemorative Service at the historic Bevis Marks Synagogue in the City of London.
Click here to read a statement from Rabbi Danny Rich on the Balfour Centenary.
Share this Post